Sunday, June 27, 2010

When the going gets tough, cough up $50.



I've been sitting at La Guardia airport since 4:45 am (it's now 2:15 pm) and I couldn't be happier. Why you might ask? Two words: Admirals Lounge. http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsClub.jsp It's where the frequent fliers and classy relocate themselves at times of flight cancellations and the "sorry we screwed you, and no you still don't get a vouchure" type moments that so many of us have experienced at one point in our lives. The admirals club offers an array of pluses: complimentary wi-fi, drinks (coffee, tea, soda, water), snacks, newspapers, clean restrooms, speaker-free lounges, World Cup soccer game viewings, leather & upholstered couches, and so many outlets you'd wish you had more electronics just so you could spread your turf and use them. Seriously, my Dad would probably get a membership even if he didn't have a flight scheduled solely because of how quiet and comfortable this join it. Yes, it's that great. And if you aren't a member and have half a day to piss away, it'll only cost you $50.:)

Don't get me wrong, I'm still angry about my situation. It's almost inhumane how horrible airlines treat their customers these days. Just this week my brother sent me an article about a Virgin Atlantic plane that was stuck on a runway for over four hours in Connecticutt w/o central air and water.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/7849890/British-passengers-stuck-on-steamy-US-runway-for-hours.html I'm not even sure if those poor souls were compensated for their tortuous delay...

If you have a moment, I'd love for everyone to comment on this article with there worst airport/airlines experience. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping they had unlimited booze for the princely sum of $50. Also, I thought you said it was for classy people; I hesitate to put you in that category after your big D story. Loves!!

    ReplyDelete