Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lake Atitlan

I'm sitting in my hotel room right now listening to the sound of the rain fall onto our roof and against the tiles of our patio outside. When I look to my right I see an incredible garden full of exotic plants and trees. This hotel is known for its incredible botanical gardens and views of Lake Atitlan.

Situated about three hours Northwest of Guatemala City, Lake Atitlan is considered to be one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. However, thanks to tropical storm/hurricane Alex, I can't exactly witness that beauty with my own eyes. A massive cloud of fog is covering our view of the actual lake. Son of a ***** Here, read some history. http://www.panajachel.com/aboutpanajachel.htm

Tomorrow, we will be taking a tour of the lake in addition to a tour of the surrounding towns and markets. I'm so glad I'll be returning here again in August because two nights certainly isn't enough time to capture how incredible this place is.

Other news: The food here is AWESOME! Breakfast alone consisted of eggs, frijoles, fresh fruit, cafe, guacamole, nachos....I'm in serious trouble. Kristin and Kate, I promise not to get fat and then cut my hair short like I did in Paris...

For those who have been to Mexico, the food is pretty similar.

Okay, time to do some work and rest. Much love to everyone!

-Marf


1 comment:

  1. don't come home with any funky black shoes either like paris. (and i'm jealous of the food. sounds like my summer in costa rica.)

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete